Best Rock Songs to Start the day
Aside from making a cup of coffee and checking on the fridge for what to have for breakfast, playing music from your devices (yes, devices, since saying ‘turning the stereo/radio on’ is getting behind the times as of this writing) is probably one of the first things people do after they wake up in the morning.
Rock Music is my primary jam. I grew up listening to New Wave, Glam, Metal and Rock Alternative. Although I’m a music enthusiast and appreciative to almost everything and love everybody involved if music is concern, I have a few songs that I used to play every morning to pump up my day. Whether if I’m just at home cooking breakfast or in the car driving my wife to work, I am one of many people that cannot start the day without listening to music.
So let me share my morning jam, and if you have suggestions for me, please feel free and thank you in advance.
- “Kickstart My Heart” by Motley Crue
– the intro of this classic from the “Crue” alone will make you want to start the engine of your car and escape the concrete jungle and hassles in life.
- “Rebel Yell” by Billy Idol
– the title says it all.
- “Paradise City” by Guns N’ Roses
– I know there are a bunch of GnR songs that should be in this list but this is my personal favorite.
- “We’re Not Gonna Take It” by Twisted Sister
– We’re not gonna take it, No! we ain’t gonna take it, we’re not gonna take it anymore
- “Come On Feel The Noise” by Quiet Riot
– when the drum beat starts, you know you gonna feel the noise.
- “Youth Gone Wild” by Skid Row
– hello Millenials
- “Jump” by Van Halen
– a morning classic jump starter, indeed.
- “My Sharona” by The Knack
– a classic bass line and a superb guitar solo, that’s what you need to hype up your blood flow in the morning.
- “Pour Some Sugar On Me” by Def Leppard
– I highly suggest you to put this song as the second to every songs on this list.
- “Here I Go Again” by Whitesnake
– here I go again, on my own.
11.”I Wanna Be Sedated” by Ramones
– there will be no dull morning, with the Ramones.
- “The Kids Aren’t Alright” by The Offspring
– again, hello Millenials!
- “Baraccuda” by Heart
– this song has one of the best guitar riffs of all time. And with Ann Wilson’s exceptional vocals, hence, Barracuda is one of my all-time favorites, shout outs to my Dad who introduced me to Rock n’ Roll at an early age.
- “Alive” by Pearl Jam
– after Eddie Vedder’s constant yelling of “I’m still alive”, the band ends this masterpiece with a great guitar solo that I wish to learn and perform at least alone in my room up to this day.
- “(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party)” by Beastie Boys
– well, what can I say? If you’re just lazy to start the day and thinking what could be next after the sun sets, then let the Beastie Boys give you an advice that you can’t refuse.
That’s it guys. And if you have something to suggest, please feel free. Rock on! \m/
Image by wallportal.com